PM will not attend Prince Philip’s funeral and will give up seat for a family member

Politics

Boris Johnson has said he will not go to Prince Philip’s funeral, and instead will give up his seat to allow another family member to attend.

It comes after Buckingham Palace revealed that only 30 people would be attending the duke’s funeral, in an effort to follow COVID-compliant protocols.

A statement from a Downing Street spokesman says: “As a result of the coronavirus regulations, only 30 people can attend the funeral of HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

“The prime minister has throughout wanted to act in accordance with what is best for the royal household, and so to allow for as many family members as possible will not be attending the funeral on Saturday”.

Articles You May Like

Govt forced to hand over £7.6bn last month in record interest payment on public debt
Nicola Sturgeon to lay out ‘route map’ to new Scottish independence vote
Quick Charge Podcast: June 25, 2022
Two Space Startups Authorised by IN-SPACe, Marks Beginning of Private Space Sector Launches in India
Residents risked own lives to pull injured man alive from house flattened by ‘gas explosion’